Orangepaint Factory is your one stop shop for all your custom needs. We can customize anything from cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats, helmets, guitars, or whatever else paint will stick to! Our services include but are not limited to custom paint, airbrush artwork, graphics, murals, pinstriping, flames, metal-flake, pearls, candies, old school flat colors, or anything else you can think of.

If you can dream it, we can make it a reality!

WIP-Moose Mask, Day 2


To create the Moose text, I layed down transfer tape and cut out the lettering. First I had to spray the text area with a light blue. When the paint is dry I place a piece of acetate in the middle of the logo, I then sprayed a blue color that is a little darker than the previous blue on the bottom of the text creating a horizon line in the middle of the Moose logo. Flipping the acetate mask around I then sprayed white above the blue horizon line. This creates a icy effect.




Here you can see the effect. Later I will come in and add some white hotspots to make the logo jump out.









Next I start by masking off the road. You can see the sign is also masked off in the background. I want to add texture to the road, to make it look like pavement.








I start with a grey and I spray a stipple effect on the road. To create this effect, I lower the air pressure to about 10lbs. I also pull the needle out a little bit to allow for more paint to come out and I spray the entire surface. Make sure you hold the airbrush back at least 10 to 15 inches when you are spraying.





Making sure the paint is dry, I mask off the road and paint the line on the road. Here I used 1/8 fineline tape and filled in with masking tape.














To create the sign, I mask off the entire area and the only piece that is visible is the sign. It is ready and I  paint it yellow. When filling in large areas, take your time and allow the paint to dry.










I then mask off the area and spray the black. When creating stencils I usually size the images using my computer or a photocopier. I take the image to my light table and it is very easy to cut out the stencil. I used 2in masking tape as a stencil.





I now add the bullet holes. Bullet holes are fairly easy to create. Don't overdo and add too many bullet holes.




Here you can see a close-up of the bullet hole. I cut two stencils to create this effect. The first is the round hole and the other creates the stressed metal effect. Add a couple freehand strokes and you have a bullet hole. 

First  I spray the stressed metal stencil with a grey. I center the circle stencil and paint the hole with transparent black. While I still have the black, I freehand a half moon stroke above the hole. Next using transparent white I spray a similar stroke on the bottom side of the hole. I continue until all bullet holes are complete.





Here  you can see the sign coming together and I also have started on the grass effect. Later I will add snow you enhance the effect. When painting the grass, I created a similar effect that I used on the moose. I wanted both sides to have a stylized look. You also see the road that look complete but I later repainted it. I noticed as I was driving my son to hockey practice that I had the passing lines wrong, so I repainted them. You can see the changes in a later photo. 














I did not complete the antlers earlier so it was time to move back to the other side and mask off the antlers.










Once I painted the black on the antlers, I removed the mask and let the mask sit so it could completely dry before I move on.















No comments:

Post a Comment