Orangepaint Factory is your one stop shop for all your custom needs. We can customize anything from cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats, helmets, guitars, or whatever else paint will stick to! Our services include but are not limited to custom paint, airbrush artwork, graphics, murals, pinstriping, flames, metal-flake, pearls, candies, old school flat colors, or anything else you can think of.

If you can dream it, we can make it a reality!

Long Weekend Fire



It was another quiet week. Today was the first time all week that I got my airbrushes out and i thought I would practice a bit. I have a mask to paint but today I just wanted to play.












I grabbed my old garbage can, cleaned it off and decided to practice some flames.
I use auto air paints on all my work. They spray good and there is a good variety of colors. I also find the price reasonable.

Flames look easy but it is not so easy to make them look real. I also tend to overwork them and that is the last thing you want to do. I have been practicing and although they are getting better, I am still not happy. Practice makes perfect.

Here are two pics of the garbage can that I painted. I did not prep the can in any way. I probably should have sanded it down a bit but I wasn't too worried about the scratches. It was the practice I was more interested in.

Flames are a lot of fun to paint. The trick is to build in layers and the true secret is using Candy colors to create the depth of the flames.


d


No comments:

Post a Comment