Orangepaint Factory is your one stop shop for all your custom needs. We can customize anything from cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats, helmets, guitars, or whatever else paint will stick to! Our services include but are not limited to custom paint, airbrush artwork, graphics, murals, pinstriping, flames, metal-flake, pearls, candies, old school flat colors, or anything else you can think of.

If you can dream it, we can make it a reality!

Fire Skull

I got home yesterday and I was too tired to paint. I had work to do, but my mind was not ready. I probably should have worked on the goalie mask I have to paint. I need to strip, mask and wetsand so I can get started on the painting. I will do that tomorrow.

I did work on a How to article for Airbrush Magazine. It's not finished yet but all I have left is to edit a few lines. I will post it here in the next day or so.

Today the plan was to go for a ride but instead i spent the day cleaning up my computer. Late in the afternoon I decided to go down to my studio and paint for a while.

This is the pic that I painted. I have been working on mastering fire effect. Not a easy task but it is getting a little easier. Practice, practice, practice. This time I decided to incorperate a skull in the fire, to see if I could pull it off. I am reasonably happy with my first attempt.

I painted this using Autoair paints. I mix the paint according to AA recommendation and it works reasonably well. I spray the paint at about 50lbs pressure. I find this works best for me. The only thing you have to watch is tip dry. I pinch the paint off the tip of the airbrush, fairly often and although you have to be careful not to bend you needle, this works well.

I will cover more information on AA paints and how I use them, in a later blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment