Orangepaint Factory is your one stop shop for all your custom needs. We can customize anything from cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats, helmets, guitars, or whatever else paint will stick to! Our services include but are not limited to custom paint, airbrush artwork, graphics, murals, pinstriping, flames, metal-flake, pearls, candies, old school flat colors, or anything else you can think of.

If you can dream it, we can make it a reality!

Playing around

My plan was to reclear my helmet to fix a few imperfections that were drving me crazy. I had originally clear coated and when the clear was dry, i had to cut around the air vent to remove masking. I did not find this made a clean finish. After a bit of research, the consensus was to remove the tape while the clear was still wet, allowing for the clear to seep in around the vent giving it a better finish. Although touchy I decided to try this with my helmet. Its better to screw up mine rather than a clients helmet. Unfortunately when  I wet sanded the first layer of clear to add another coat, I sanded through the paint on two of the rivets so I had to fix them.

With the helmet touched up, I still had some black left over in my airbrush, so I thought I would paint it out instead of dumping it. I didn't spend a lot of time on it but my airbrush was working well. I had done a thorough cleaning earlier this week. The autoair restorer is a amazing product and managed to clean areas I though would never come off.

No comments:

Post a Comment