Orangepaint Factory is your one stop shop for all your custom needs. We can customize anything from cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats, helmets, guitars, or whatever else paint will stick to! Our services include but are not limited to custom paint, airbrush artwork, graphics, murals, pinstriping, flames, metal-flake, pearls, candies, old school flat colors, or anything else you can think of.

If you can dream it, we can make it a reality!

New Plotter

I finally picked up a plotter after years of cutting out my masks and stencils by hand. It took me a while to figure it out but the plotter seems to work well.



I searched the web to try and find the best buy and decided on the RedSail RS720 plotter. I only needed the plotter to cut my airbrush stencils, so I was not looking to spend a couple thousand for a plotter. After seeing the output, I should be able to make a few bucks making signs if there is a request.



Before buying I tried to find reviews on the plotter but was not successful at finding any reviews. I found a few cheap shots on the lower quality components from various forums but they seemed to be uneducated attacks . Unsure I took a chance and so far I am very happy although there were little to no setup instructions. I sat down and with a bit of common sense, got it set up. Connecting to the PC with the appropriate software was simple and worked right away. It has good detail and is reasonably quiet. Time will tell but at this point I am happy with my purchase.





Here is my first paint trial with masks cut with my new plotter, airbrush laptop. I searched the house for something to paint on and found an old laptop to airbrush on.



I started by painting the logo with autoair paints. Stripping the masks in and out I was easily able to paint the logo.





The lines were very crisp. After the surface was completely dry, I masked the logo and painted the flames. I have not clear coated the laptop yet but I may just pick up a spray can of clear.



d

No comments:

Post a Comment