Orangepaint Factory is your one stop shop for all your custom needs. We can customize anything from cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats, helmets, guitars, or whatever else paint will stick to! Our services include but are not limited to custom paint, airbrush artwork, graphics, murals, pinstriping, flames, metal-flake, pearls, candies, old school flat colors, or anything else you can think of.

If you can dream it, we can make it a reality!

Pinstripe Practice

I've been pretty busy lately working on my pinstriping skills. I had not touched my brushes in about 20 years. I started practicing again, trying to master the skill as I was getting back in the business. I got back to striping with my old Grumbaucher dagger brush until I decided to put it down for a Kafka brush. 
It has taken me a bit to get used to the new style of painting but I am liking the feel of the brush and the power of doing scroll style and old school without switching brushes. I still have a lot of practice but I already have my first striping job in a long time. I will be striping a Spyder this winter. 



The Kafka brushes have a lot of control and as I continue to practice, I am getting better at pulling consistent lines. I find I cannot get the fine points I was getting with a dagger but I will keep on trying. I would recommend the Kafka brushes for any beginner.

No comments:

Post a Comment