Orangepaint Factory is your one stop shop for all your custom needs. We can customize anything from cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats, helmets, guitars, or whatever else paint will stick to! Our services include but are not limited to custom paint, airbrush artwork, graphics, murals, pinstriping, flames, metal-flake, pearls, candies, old school flat colors, or anything else you can think of.

If you can dream it, we can make it a reality!

Fireman Helmets

Well I finally got started on the fireman helmets. I got an order for six in March but did not start till I got a payment check. Actually when the check came In I was busy painting a bike so I put the helmets on hold.

After finishing the Charity Chopper I started on the Kandy Harley and when a break from running out of paint occurred, I started on the helmets.

Almost at the same time I received a email from the client checking up on the status. I guess it was time to get them done.

The helmets were new and probably could have sanded with 600 grit and then put the Basecoat but I decided to prime to give better adhesion to the plastic.

After the primer was dry I sanded and then put black as the Basecoat and then Clearcoat. Once dry I wetsanded with 800grit wet and the helmet was ready for artwork.

I used Autoair for the artwork and after a couple nights the painting was done. I really appreciate my sign plotter for cutting the firemans cross logo. Without this, it would have taken a crazy amount of hours.

It was time for clear and then final wetsand and buffing. I put the helmet parts back together and one was complete. Client will be picking it up, they wanted me to complete one before I painted them all. I took some artistic liberty to the design but I think the change looks good.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment