Orangepaint Factory is your one stop shop for all your custom needs. We can customize anything from cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats, helmets, guitars, or whatever else paint will stick to! Our services include but are not limited to custom paint, airbrush artwork, graphics, murals, pinstriping, flames, metal-flake, pearls, candies, old school flat colors, or anything else you can think of.

If you can dream it, we can make it a reality!

Respecting Creative Talent

Today was a typical day and like many times before I had a client tell me that my quote for two goalie masks was too high for the simple and they did not seem difficult to paint. The same old question, can you do better with the price? It was a bit insulting that someone that has no idea of the time it takes to paint and material cost, could tell me that the cost was too high for such a simple design. Not simple at all. Logos take time.

I did come down a little bit because I wanted to paint the masks. I wanted pieces to display on my website, but at what cost.

Goalie masks are a lot of work and clients will haggle with the price. Does anyone do this with plumbers or electricians? I don't think so, we pay the hourly rate and even though we are not happy we pay the bill. Creative people are always being challenged with this issue. I guess it doesn't help that we always give in. Starving Artist and all.

I have not heard back yet, but as time goes by, I keep thinking to myself that I should have stuck to my guns and took the chance that I may lose the job. We will see!

Here's a goalie mask template I created that you can use to help design clients masks.



No comments:

Post a Comment